TRAINING ON DO’S AND DON’TS OF DIRECT MARKETING
1. Taxes Department, Government of Kerala, vide Circular No. 1871/C2/2014/TD dated 14/09/2015 has issued guidelines for the activities of Multi-Level Marketing Companies in the State of Kerala. Clause 3(vi) of the Circular prescribes that “the direct sellers should undergo training on the do’s and don’ts of direct marketing in an approved institution by the Government such as Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation (GIFT), Sreekaryam, Thiruvananthapuram.”
2. Accordingly, GIFT has decided to conduct the training programme on the Do’s and Don’ts of direct marketing to the Direct Sellers of the Companies which have registered under the Kerala Value Added Tax Act, 2003. Such Direct Sellers in Kerala can directly apply for undergoing the training at GIFT. Companies registered under the Kerala Value Added Tax Act, 2003 also may nominate their Direct Sellers for the training.
3. Direct Sellers who are applying for the training should submit the duly filled in ‘Application form for the Individual’, provided in this site.
4. Companies which are nominating the Direct Sellers need to submit only one application form for the whole group of persons along with a consolidated list, specifying the details of the Direct Sellers who are nominated by the Company. When filling the application a sample excel format can be downloaded. The details of the persons nominated by the company shall be filled in this excel and upload the same. The excel sheet in any other format will not be accepted. ‘Application Form for the company nominating Direct Sellers’ is given in this site. It is appended with the format of List of applicants to be submitted along with the application form.
5. The Direct Sellers applying for the training as well as the Company nominating the Direct Sellers for the training should apply online by duly filling up the appropriate application forms. The Company nominating the Direct Sellers should also fill up the list attached with the application form. No other application form will be accepted.
6. Training fee is Rs. 3500/- (Rupees Three Thousand Five Hundred only) per individual. The Companies nominating the Direct Sellers have to make the payment for all the nominated Direct Sellers at this rate. Payment should be made by Demand Draft drawn in favour of the REGISTRAR, GULATI INSTITUTE OF FINANCE AND TAXATION payable at Thiruvananthapuram. DD should be sent to GULATI INSTITUTE OF FINANCE AND TAXATION, CHAVADIMUKKU, SREEKARIYAM, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA – 695017, along with a covering letter showing the name and address of the trainee (s) and the serial number of the application form. The envelope should be super scribed with “Training Programme to Direct Sellers.” The applicant shall be considered for including in the training programme only after receiving the appropriate amount against his/her name in the manner stipulated above. Payment by cash or cheque will not be accepted.
7. On receipt of the duly filled in application form online (in the case of Company nominating the direct sellers, properly filled in list of trainees in the format appended along with the application form) and the appropriate training fee, the date and other details of the Training Programme will be intimated to the applicant through the e-mail id as given in the application form / List of Trainees.
8. Training will be for one day, starting from 10 AM to 4 PM. The trainees have to report at 9.30 AM for registration and verification of documents.
9. Every applicant should, at the time of registration on the day of training
- a. Produce the ID Card of the Company to which he/she is registered as a Direct Seller, in original for verification;
- b. Submit a copy of the ID Card of the Company to which he/she is registered as a Direct Seller;
- c. Produce a photo identity card like ID Card issued by the Election Commission, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, PAN Card etc. for verification; and
- d. Submit two passport size photographs taken not later than six months.
No person shall be admitted to the training without the production / submission of the above documents.
10. Certificate will be issued to the participant on completion of the training.
The coordinator of this training programme is Dr. K. Gopakumar, Associate Professor, Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation, who may be reached at email@example.com